NETGEAR_EXT not showing during setup of Netgear WN3000RP


If NETGEAR_EXT is not showing on your wireless networks during setup of Netgear WiFi Range Extender WN3000RP, find an ethernet cable and connect it to your laptop and your WN3000RP ethernet ports. Then open a web browser and go to http://mywifiext.net/start.htm. From there you can proceed with the setup.

In my experience, the Link Rate was always red (not amber or green) so the setup process was asking for better line-of-sight between the router and the range extender. My range extender, which was bought from the Middle East, was upside down when plugged into an adaptor in another country where I was setting it up. It did not help even if I rotated the antenna upwards. I got an extension cable and I was able to get a correct orientation for the range extender. I also placed the router at a lower plane to the range extender. I am not sure though which of these two adjustments helped me get an amber color for the Link Rate but I am just sharing what I have done. Once I got a non-red color (either amber or green) for the Link Rate, I was able to finally finish the setup process.

 By the way, if you want your Netgear wireless signal visible among wireless networks, during the setup process in http://www.mywifiext.com/start.htm, don't forget to go to Advanced, then Wireless Settings, check the Enable SSID Broadcast, then click Apply button.

Comments

Daisy Jones said…
Thanks for give us valuable information If you are Looking for Netgear Support , visit on

router settings netgear
Netgear Contact
Setup Netgear router
We are here for www.mywifiext.net with the help of mywifiext local. In case of any information you can get connect with us.

Popular Posts